Uber BLACK is essentially the luxury version of UberX. It allows you to get from point A to point B…in style. Request this service and you’ll be sent a high end luxury sedan. You might even get a nice luxury SUV if you’re lucky (sometimes if an UberSUV driver is nearby as you request your black car, they might decide to take you up on your fare as they can drive for both).
- There can be up to 4 passengers
- Multiple tiers of black cars, All of which require a nicer/newer luxury black sedan with black leather interior.
- Drivers can vary but they’re typically well mannered, dressed sharply, professional drivers.
- Typically must be a year 2012 or newer (some city requirements vary).
Uber Black Car List
For example purposes only. Not every black car is listed - But you’ll get the idea.
- Executive Lincoln Towncar
- Mercedes S-Class
- Infiniti Q70
- BMW 5-Series, 7-Series
- Cadillac XTS
- Lexus LS460
Now, it’s not required by any means - but I quite frequently experience any of the following whenever I take a black car:
- Driver may open the door for you at pickup/destination
- Driver may have iPhone/Android charges plugged in to each seat
- Driver may offer complimentary water bottles or soda
All of which are nice! But again, you shouldn’t be expecting these perks - It’s just a nice surprise.
Uber is a Transportation Network Company that allows users all over the world to request private car transportation within minutes, Through their smarthphone app. Uber was recently said to have over a $50B valuation and is currently growing like wildfire in China.